Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Procrastination (Watch Inception before reading)

Procrastination is a great word. I'd like to think that the 'pro' in procrastination is there because everyone is unbelievably skilled at it. I know I am. Hell, I should be writing an essay on Bach or something right now. That's really what this blog is. An outlet for my inability to type anything that requires any effort at all. Not that I don't put any effort into writing this blog. I'm awake...that's something!

You take one sneaky nap...


It's funny how people always want to tell you they're proctastinating on Facebook or Twitter...or with smoke signals. A true procrastinator would learn smoke signalling to tell you they're procrastinating, while they're procrastinating, so they could procrastinate, while procrastinating during procrastination!

Z to tha X
Xzibit has a serious alphabet deficiency!





Procrastination is dangerous! It's a bit like Inception! You can go deeper and deeper, putting off the thing you were doing instead of the really important thing, to do something even less important. And much like Inception, if you go to deep, you get trapped in limbo, unable to escape to actually get any work done at all! ...I know! Seriously deep shit going on in my head!

 Of course, one important difference between Inception and procrastination, is time. In Inception, the deeper into a dream you go, the slower time in the real world passes. With procrastination, warp drive has been perfected, and you can achieve instantaneous travel to three hours later, the only side-effect being a nausiating feeling of regret and pressure having done absolutely no work. People often find themselves with deadlines far too close with little to no work done at all because they did stupid shit for extended periods of time...and by people, I do mean me!


It could be a good thing too! I once almost did the wrong essay, but procrastinated, and found out that I was wrong. Then I procrastinated some more, cobbled together a half-assed piece of utter nonsense that Dan Brown couldn't decipher, and dreaded the outcome of my folly...


Did I learn my lesson? No.
What you should take away from this:


...(I'll finish this later. I'm gonna look at funny pictures of cats on the internet!)

1 comment: